The Christ Conundrum is a must read for skeptics and believers alike.
This book deciphers the mystery behind the mythica figure of Jesus by using the latest scholarly research to prove, once-and-for-all, that Jesus was a mere mortal man. Looking at the ancient sources through the lens of the historian, Andrew Carruth reveals Jesus to be a man of his time; Jesus was a first century Jew, with a very Jewish mission and was hardly unique - in fact there were several other historical miracle workers and 'Sons of God.'
Read this book to discover who Jesus really was and find out...
* Did Jesus think the end of the world would occur within the lifetime of his followers?
* Since this did not happen, was Jesus therefore a false prophet?
* Did Jesus' flesh-and-blood brother, James, take over the leadership of the movement after Jesus' execution?
* Why did the apostle Paul fight with him?
* Why are there so many oddities in the New Testament?
* Why, for example, does Jesus ride on two donkeys, and why do the Roman troops want his underwear so badly?
* How did Jesus end up on the cross, and who really killed him?
* How and when was Jesus first worshipped as a deity?
The answer to these, and many more intriguing questions, are unraveled with stunning clarity inside. Entertaining but thought provoking, historically accurate but controversial.