• build trust;
• create pleasant, productive workplaces that are characterised by high
levels of fairness, respect, accountability and responsibility;
• foster sound relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• position the organisation as an employer of choice, attracting and retaining
the best talent;
• boost the organisation's reputation and brand equity;
• create a high degree of customer and investor confidence;
• can and should be a key differentiator that accords ethical organisations a
unique source of competitive advantage.
In short, ethics can make all the difference.
The book covers six themes:
1. Understanding workplace ethics beyond just what is right and wrong.
2. Does ethics make good business sense? Can you motivate an ethical
business focus well enough?
3. Establishing whose role is ethics, which explores the role of leadership,
the social and ethics committee and HR.
4. Managing workplace ethics, which outlines a comprehensive ethics
management system and includes a detailed focus on topical workplace issues.
5. The crucial tasks of measuring, monitoring and reporting on ethics and
6. Ethical decisions and dilemmas, which examines how to make those really
tough ethical decisions.